Eucalyptus Massage Therapy
201 South Main Street
~Ongoing Wednesday class at 6:00pm. The cost will be $9 per class (students $7 per class). Packages also available: Purchase 5 sessions and get 6! All levels of experience welcome! Please email or call if you plan to attend.
Blue Ridge School of Massage & Yoga
Colony Park, Suite 106
2001 South Main Street
Akke's Yoga Place
2401 South Main Street, Suite J
- Extra Gentle Yoga - For those whose bodies don't work quite like they used to because of accidents, injuries, illness or aging and who need or would like to sit in a chair for part of the class. The emphasis is on restorative movements.
- Beginner Level Yoga - Step by step instruction in yoga poses and movements (asanas), breathing practices (pranayama), relaxation and meditation.
- Continuing Yoga - This class continues to explore and expand upon the concepts and techniques introduced in the beginning yoga classes. Students will be asked to delve in more deeply into their practice. Previous experience with hatha yoga is recommended.
- Intermediate Level Yoga - A continuation of Level I or Continuing Yoga, for those who have developed a certain degree of commitment and a desire to learn more about other aspects of yoga. The asanas will be held longer, allowing each student to explore each pose more deeply, and new poses will be introduced.
- Prenatal Yoga - Preparing for the birth of a child is only the first step in becoming a mother. During a prenatal yoga class we will move through a series of poses with the focus on breathing, strengthening and stretching muscles and relaxation techniques that provide support during the physical, mental and emotional changes women go through during pregnancy.
The Yoga Studio
2001 S. Main St., Suite 2 Colony Park
The Weight Club
Check out current yoga classes on the calendar. Attend free with membership or pay by the class.
In Balance Yoga
Studio 401, South Main Street
- Hot Yoga - A series of 30 postures practiced in a heated room in order to warm the muscles and joints for a safer, deeper stretch while working the internal organs to release toxins. Please come to class hydrated and bring a towel and bottle of water.
- Vinyasa "placement with purpose" - A vigorous, flowing class linking breath and movement. The room is gently heated to allow for a safer, deeper stretch and to protect the body from injury. Practice includes forward folds, backbends, deep twists, arm balances and inversions.
- Gentle Flow Yoga - A gentle vinyasa class focusing on breath and alignment. This is a great class for beginners.
- Restorative Yoga - The soft side of yoga. We use props and deep breathing exercises to find physical comfort and to quiet the mind.
- Prenatal Yoga - Appropriate for all trimesters, the class combines stretching, strengthening, and relaxation techniques to provide relief from common discomforts of pregnancy and to assist in preparation for labor and birth.